In August 2007 I was part of a small group including Andrew Breitbart, Jim Hoft, Jeff Emanuel, and Laurence Solov that met with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu in Netanyahu’s Tel Aviv office. (Netanyahu was then head of the Likud Party in opposition to the Olmert government.) The meeting had been arranged by Fern Oppenheim of America’s Voices in Israel. Fern led our group and snapped a picture of us with Netanyahu as we prepared to leave his office.
We talked mostly about the dangers of the Iranian regime acquiring a nuclear bomb. It was a subject to which Netanyahu had obviously devoted great thought. Jim Hoft posted a video clip of Netanyahu addressing the subject at Gateway Pundit. The video clip is worth a look in light of the events of the past week. “This has to be stopped,” Netanyahu concluded.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell