Exit polls indicate that Germany’s more conservative parties have scored well in today’s election, which means that Chancellor Angela Merkel should be able to form a center-right coalition with her preferred partner, the pro-business FDP. The leader of the rival Social Democratic Party called it a “bitter day for German Social Democracy.”
Once again, we see the sad spectacle of the Obama administration trying to mimic what has been worst in European politics, at the very time when Europeans are trying to break the shackles that have made their economies so much less productive than ours.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell