The Senate Finance Committee has voted down the “public option.” The vote wasn’t even close. With five Democrats (Lincoln, Carper, Baucus, Conrad, and Bill Nelson) joining all of the Committee Republicans, the tally was 15-8.
The Democrats now, I assume, will attempt to enact a public option by tweaking the failed proposal and giving it another name. Nonetheless, today’s vote is good news.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell