The Senate Finance Committee has voted down the “public option.” The vote wasn’t even close. With five Democrats (Lincoln, Carper, Baucus, Conrad, and Bill Nelson) joining all of the Committee Republicans, the tally was 15-8.
The Democrats now, I assume, will attempt to enact a public option by tweaking the failed proposal and giving it another name. Nonetheless, today’s vote is good news.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- 97 Percent of All Liberal Claims Are Wrong
- Earth's Climate Shows 2,000-Year Cooling Trend
- In which Keith Ellison finds me of use
- Next, let's poll the police
- The Collapse of the Democratic Party In South Dakota: What Happened?
- The Cuba appeasement and the latest detainee release -- is there a connection?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell