In Kabul, by anti-American, anti-NATO demonstrators:
There might be some pretty good reasons for Afghans to burn Obama in effigy, but this mob was coming from quite a different direction:
A considerable number of people seem to have voted for Obama on the theory that he would make us more popular. A dumb reason to vote for a President, but it probably worked to some degree with Western Europeans who like to see us brought down to their level. Democrats are perhaps realizing that popularity with our actual enemies is more elusive; maybe they’re even starting to figure out that it is not a goal toward which we should strive.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill