In Kabul, by anti-American, anti-NATO demonstrators:
There might be some pretty good reasons for Afghans to burn Obama in effigy, but this mob was coming from quite a different direction:
A considerable number of people seem to have voted for Obama on the theory that he would make us more popular. A dumb reason to vote for a President, but it probably worked to some degree with Western Europeans who like to see us brought down to their level. Democrats are perhaps realizing that popularity with our actual enemies is more elusive; maybe they’re even starting to figure out that it is not a goal toward which we should strive.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- What Color Is the Dress? What Dress?
- King v. Burwell: a discouraging mid-argument report [UPDATED] [WITH FINAL UPDATE]
- Who is Eric Hoteham? [Updated With Twitter Account]
- Another Reason Why Hillary Can't Win
- MSM mainstays cut Clinton no slack over her email account
- Energy Sense from an Unlikely Source
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell