The government has failed dramatically in its effort to make the swine flu vaccine widely available. We’re quickly approaching the time by which this was supposed to have been accomplished, but the government is nowhere close to having accomplished it. In July the Obama administration said that 80 to 120 million doses could be ready by mid-October. But now, in late October, only about 16.5 millions doses have become available.
When a similar faiure occurred in 2004, the Democrats blamed President Bush. But I don’t blame President Obama. I blame the fact that the federal government isn’t very good at delivering most services in a timely manner. The stated reasons vary from case to case, but the result is generally the same.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Hillary's Email Scandal? Rush Limbaugh Made Her Do It! [Updated]
- Black Lives Natter in St. Paul
- Can all these talking heads be right?
- Iran Deal Reaches Veto Threshold
- More Than Half of Immigrants on Public Assistance
- Clinton emails contained top secret info derived from satellite spying on North Korean nukes
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell