In the course of a relatively brief interview with David Frum over two segments on Monday, our friend Hugh Hewitt demonstrates with clinical precision that Frum is or has become something of a weasel. One reads the transcript of the interview with morbid fascination.
Hugh challenges Frum on two columns that are available here and here. Hugh writes: “Frum accused me of narcissism because I treat the references to me in both of them as attacks on me. You read them and decide for yourself.”
Frum owes Hugh a confession of error and an apology that he is somehow incapable of giving. Perhaps more importantly, Hugh’s interview also demonstrates that it would be a mistake to take Frum’s work at face value. In any event, that is my takeaway from the interview.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell