Republican-endorsed Dierdre Scozzafava has suspended her campaign for New York’s 23rd district Congressional seat, “releas[ing] those individuals who have endorsed and supported my campaign to transfer their support as they see fit.” She evidently has not endorsed Conservative Party nominee Doug Hoffman.
Recent polling has shown Scozzafava’s support collapsing, while the race between Hoffman and Democrat Bill Owens is too close to call. It is not clear that that Scozzafava’s withdrawal will help Hoffman, as by this point most of her support may well be coming from voters who are more closely aligned, ideologically, with Owens. Still, if Hoffman can win on Tuesday, it will be viewed as a watershed movement in the resurgence of conservatism.
UPDATE: If this polling, out today, is accurate, it may not matter: Public Policy Polling has Hoffman running away with the race. Let’s hope it’s true.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Federal judge threatens to hold IRS commissioner and DOJ lawyers in contempt [With Comment by John]
- Lions, Triggers, and Critics, Oh My!
- What Carly can do: Quotable quotes
- We Live In a World Gone Mad
- What's Happening In States That Are Paying Attention Is Reassuring
- An Omnibus Climate And Green Weenie Update [With Derision by John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell