Global warming alarmist Stephen Schneider gave a press briefing in Copenhagen today. No one was impolite enough to remind Schneider of the days when he claimed the world was about to be destroyed by global cooling, but Phelim McAleer, who made the documentary Not Evil, Just Wrong about climate hysteria–he was, I think, giving hoaxers like Schneider too much credit–showed up to ask a question about Climategate.
Schneider’s response, suggesting that the emails that were leaked by a whistleblower might have been “edited,” was wholly disingenuous. A considerable number of the emails were Schneider’s, so if they were somehow inauthentic, he certainly could have said so. But, of course, he didn’t. In fact, as the University of East Anglia has explicitly admitted, and Phil Jones has implicitly admitted, they are genuine. Which means that Schneider had nothing whatsoever to say in response to McAleer’s question.
Except to call security and make McAleer’s cameraman stop filming, even though the event was ostensibly a press briefing open to the media:
Global warming hysteria isn’t science, it’s politics. And totalitarian politics at that.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell