Sarah Palin took a star turn in a brilliantly conceived bit on the Tonight Show last night. In the contest of dramatic readings between William Shatner and Sarah Palin, it goes without saying, Sarah prevails handsomely, with a little help from the backing combo. It should be noted that Shatner plays the losing hand that he is dealt with characteristic aplomb.
Andrew Malcolm reports on his Los Angeles Times Top of the Ticket blog that the Tonight Show carefully protected the surprise element of Palin’s appearance: “A little misdirection and clandestine camouflage going on Friday afternoon at NBC’s studio…Early audience arrivals were escorted out of the studio to permit a secret rehearsal by a surprise political guest.”
The New York Times Arts Beat blog observes that Governor Palin’s appearance on O’Brien’s show had a dimension going beyond sight and sound. While appearing on the Tonight Show, she declined invitations to appear on the competing show hosted by the guy — what’s his name? — on CBS.
Via NRO’s Corner.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell