With Chris Dodd having been pushed out the door, the assumption is that popular Connecticut Attorney General Dick Blumenthal will be the Democratic nominee and, likely, the next Senator from Connecticut. If so, this might well benefit Sen. Joe Lieberman, assuming he seeks re-election in 2012.
Blumenthal is extremely popular in Connecticut. If he were to run against Lieberman, he would be quite a formidable opponent.
I don’t know enough about Connecticut politics to have a sense of who else is on the Democrats’ bench for possible duty in 2012. But their top guy looks like he won’t be available to challenge Lieberman.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell