This morning, President Obama spoke to 6th grade students at Graham Road Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia. The story resonated with me because I did the same thing every week for five winters in the early 1980s, when I coached 11 and 12 year old boys in the Falls Church Rec league (five winning seasons includng one undefeated one). We held our practices at Graham Road, but usually played our games at better gyms.
I never used a teleprompter at Graham Road, just a chalk board if one happened to be available. Obama apparently didn’t use a teleprompter to talk to the sixth graders either, but did during a subsequent talk with the press.
We didn’t have to deal with the press in our league, just parents. There were a fews times when I could have used a teleprompter for that purpose.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- The Week in Pictures: Narrative Riot Edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Scandal management with the FBI
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell