This morning, President Obama spoke to 6th grade students at Graham Road Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia. The story resonated with me because I did the same thing every week for five winters in the early 1980s, when I coached 11 and 12 year old boys in the Falls Church Rec league (five winning seasons includng one undefeated one). We held our practices at Graham Road, but usually played our games at better gyms.
I never used a teleprompter at Graham Road, just a chalk board if one happened to be available. Obama apparently didn’t use a teleprompter to talk to the sixth graders either, but did during a subsequent talk with the press.
We didn’t have to deal with the press in our league, just parents. There were a fews times when I could have used a teleprompter for that purpose.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Clinton among friends
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell