This morning, President Obama spoke to 6th grade students at Graham Road Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia. The story resonated with me because I did the same thing every week for five winters in the early 1980s, when I coached 11 and 12 year old boys in the Falls Church Rec league (five winning seasons includng one undefeated one). We held our practices at Graham Road, but usually played our games at better gyms.
I never used a teleprompter at Graham Road, just a chalk board if one happened to be available. Obama apparently didn’t use a teleprompter to talk to the sixth graders either, but did during a subsequent talk with the press.
We didn’t have to deal with the press in our league, just parents. There were a fews times when I could have used a teleprompter for that purpose.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell