I haven’t seen any numbers on how many watched President Obama’s health care summit, but those who did (or who saw snippets on the news, or heard about it from their friends) apparently were not impressed. Obama’s approval index in the Rasmussen Survey dipped to -20 yesterday and is down to -21 today, matching the lowest level of his Presidency:
The approval index is a three-day rolling survey of likely voters; as of today, two-thirds of the voter interviews are post-health care summit. If Obama is down again tomorrow, he will reach a new low. Overall, 43 percent of likely voters at least somewhat approve of Obama’s performance, while 55 percent disapprove.
Obama also suffers from a major gender gap. His approval rating among men is only 37 percent. Given that his rating among African-American men is probably still in the 90s, this is a remarkably low number–lower, I believe, than George W. Bush’s rating among men at any time in his Presidency.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell