President Obama has nominated Professor Goodwin Liu to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Both Paul (here and here) and John (here) have posted comments related to Liu’s nomination.
Among other things, Liu is a left-wing flake. Verum Serum shows that Liu is also a race man; he is a fervent believer in reparations for slavery. Verum Serum posts a 2008 video showing Liu’s contribution to a panel discussion of the PBS documentary “Traces of the Trade: A Story From the Deep North.” In the video clip, Verum Serum explains, Liu responds to a comment by fellow panelist James. A Joseph, the former Ambassador to South Africa, who had asserted that “racial reconciliation” will ultimately only be possible if reparations are part of the discussion.
According to Liu, the question raised by slavery is: “What are we willing to give up to make things right? Because it’s going to require us to give up something. Whether it is the seat at Harvard, the seat at Princeton…or is it going to require us to give up our segregated neighborhoods, our segregated schools. Is it going to require us to give up our…money? It’s going to require giving up something.” I think it requires him to give up a seat on the Ninth Circuit.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Obama to Oil Companies (and Motorists): Drop Dead
- For Venezuela, the End Is Near. Someone Tell Bernie!
- Why Hillary Will Never Be President
- Clinton clobbers Sanders [with comment by Paul]
- Washington Post airbrushes Obama's mosque visit
- Polls show Rubio surging in New Hampshire [UPDATED: the Romney factor] [UPDATED AGAIN]
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell