Last night, in the hope of gaining insight into Jim Kim, I attended a reception for Dartmouth’s new president.
President Kim began his talk by explaining why he moved from a position where he helped improve health care delivery to the world’s poor to a job as a college administrator. According to Kim, this decision was inspired by a quote from one of Dartmouth’s former presidents, which Kim said he read in the Dartmouth Review “of all places.”
The gratuitous phrase “of all places” — which gave the lie to Kim’s subsequent plea that members of the Dartmouth community treat each other with respect and even “sweetness” — provided me with what I think is an insight into Jim Kim.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell