Last night, in the hope of gaining insight into Jim Kim, I attended a reception for Dartmouth’s new president.
President Kim began his talk by explaining why he moved from a position where he helped improve health care delivery to the world’s poor to a job as a college administrator. According to Kim, this decision was inspired by a quote from one of Dartmouth’s former presidents, which Kim said he read in the Dartmouth Review “of all places.”
The gratuitous phrase “of all places” — which gave the lie to Kim’s subsequent plea that members of the Dartmouth community treat each other with respect and even “sweetness” — provided me with what I think is an insight into Jim Kim.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell