Republican Whip Eric Cantor held a press conference this morning in which he did an excellent job of firing back at the Democrats for trying to make a political issue out of the fact that a few of them have allegedly received threats as a result of voting for government medicine. Cantor pointed out that he, too, has received such threats as well as anti-Semitic messages, and that a bullet was recently fired into his office. He called out top Democrats by name for “fanning the flames” by publicizing, and seeking to make political capital out of, the actions of a few crazies:
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell