President Obama threw out the first pitch at the Washington Nationals’ opener today. He seemed to get a pretty good reception; of course, Washington is the only boom town in America. Michael Ramirez didn’t write it this way, but his cartoon could exemplify Obama’s relationship with the press, as well. Click to enlarge:
PAUL adds: I was there. President Obama got a very enthusiastic reception. There were a few boos mixed in, however (none by me). Perhaps some of them were down to his obnoxious Chicago White Sox hat.
1910 was the first year a president threw out the ceremonial pitch on opening day in Washington, so this was an anniversary of sorts. The big screen played clips of all past presidents who have participated (all, in other words, except the five who served when the team was on its 34 year road trip). A good number of fans chose to boo George W. Bush.
Washington is a pretentious city, not a classy one.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- The man our founders warned us against
- Insist on the Gosar amendment
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell