Violence broke out at a political demonstration over the weekend, as protesters chased police officers, pelting them with rocks and bottles. Was this a gang of Tea Partiers running amok, as eagerly awaited by so many liberals? Well, no. The demonstration was at the state capitol in Arizona, against that state’s new immigration statute:
Have you seen a lot of consternation in the press about this violent demonstration? No, neither have I. Maybe that’s because reporters think the Arizona law is polarizing.
Via Cassy Fiano.
Most Read on Power Line
- A Window Opens Onto the Left-Wing Conspiracy
- Are A Few Journalists Starting to Figure It Out?
- Dan Rather Plots Comeback, With Assist From Robert Redford
- World Cup preview -- Argentina vs. Holland [UPDATED -- Argentina wins]
- Why Jimmy Carter Is Smiling Right Now
- Democrats Vote For Partial Repeal of First Amendment
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell