Tom Goldstein takes an in-depth look at the three apparent front-runners for nomination to the Supreme Court — Elena Kagan, Diane Wood, and Merrick Garland. He concludes that Kagan is likely to emerge as the nominee. Although I originally viewed Kagan as the front-runner, recently I suggested that Wood might have a slight edge.
Tom is much more knowledgeable and sophisticated in these matters than I am. In addition, my track record when it comes to predicting Supreme Court nominees is poor. I will say, however, that Tom analyzes most of the subsidiary questions surrounding the selection — likely magnitude of Republican opposition, perceptions of the left-liberal base, etc. — about the same way I did.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another reason why Hillary Clinton does not deserve to be president
- Is Hillary's Glass Jaw Starting to Crack Already?
- Washington Post Attacks Rubio: He's Not Rich!
- Delusional White House Calls ISIS Strategy "A Success"
- Paging Dr. Emily Litella: Another Science Fraud Exposed
- This Week's Energy Unicorn
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell