Kyle-Anne Shiver explicates the Jewish joke told by Obama administration National Security Advisor James Jones as last weekend’s keynote speaker at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy. Shiver’s explication is plausible, though I still find Jones’s joke mystifying.
His comic delivery could use some work, as could his material. More pointedly, David Rothkopf says of Jones: “No wonder they call him the funniest Jim Jones this side of Guyana.” .
Rothkopf comes not only to heave a few brickbats at Jones. He also offers him some new material, adapted to the Mideast foreign policy objectives of the Obama administration. Rothkopf concludes with the observation of “an important last irony here … which is not quite the same thing as humor:”
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell