As John noted below, Rand Paul has won the Kentucky Republican Senate primary. But here’s something odd — according to the results I’m looking at, with 83 percent of the precincts reporting in both the Democratic and Republican primaries, the total Republican vote is about 300,000 while the total Democratic vote is more than 400,000.
If, in fact, turnout was that much greater on the Democratic side, I’m wondering whether Rand Paul, whose appeal may be far from universal, will hold this seat for the Republicans.
For what it’s worth at this stage, the polls have Paul leading Democrat Jack Conway, who is a few percentage points ahead in his primary, but not by much.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell