I took this photo of a hawk off my deck this morning:
He (she?) is building a nest on my house. I suppose I should intervene, but the birds are pretty formidable. And maybe there is an upside: if I let them build the nest, we won’t have to worry about mice next winter.
UPDATE, because inquiring readers want to know: I’m pretty sure it’s a Cooper’s hawk.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell