This really has to be seen to be believed. We all know that MSNBC–Chris Matthews, Rachel Maddow, etc.–is in the tank for the Obama administration, but I think this is the first time an on-air MSNBC personality has confessed to “working with the White House” on talking points; here, regarding the Gulf oil spill. The MSNBC employee in question is Mika Brzezinski, the daughter of Jimmy Carter’s national security adviser. It’s really pretty funny to see her reading the White House talking points on air:
This case is unique because Ms. Brzezinski made no bones about what she was doing, but one wonders: how much of “mainstream” news coverage consists of purported reporters reading Democratic Party talking points on the air? A great deal, I would say.
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell