Who is the dumbest member of the U.S. Senate? Sadly, there are a number of contenders for that title, but Patty Murray and Barbara Boxer are two names that are always part of the discussion. Boxer is running neck and neck with Carly Fiorina, and Scott Rasmussen finds Murray trailing both of her potential Republican rivals, Dino Rossi and Clint Didier, by an identical 48-45 percent. These races will help determine whether the Republicans have a huge year, or merely a big one, in 2010.
PAUL adds: On the minus side, Mason-Dixon Polling & Research finds that Harry Reid leads Sharron Angle by a 44-37 margin. The two were running neck-and-neck until Reid launched a series of ads portraying Angle as too extreme. The ads seem to have hit the target.
Let’s hope that what should be a huge year for Republicans doesn’t turn into merely a good one due to the selection of unattractive candidates.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell