According to British Prime Minister David Cameron’s speech in Ankara this week, Gaza is a prison camp and Israel is the jailer. Barry Rubin assesses what Cameron has wrought in “In speech to Turkey, PM David Cameron goes full idiot.” I’m not sure how far Cameron had to go to get there, but Rubin makes a persuasive case that he has arrived. At full idiocy, that is.
Rubin reflects: “It crossed my mind that the speech was written by the Foreign Office for the express purpose of making Cameron look foolish, but then I realized that he and his top advisors probably have no idea why it was such a disaster.” Rubin deems the speech “a fitting symbol for the entire contemporary Western diplomatic approach to the Middle East, and much more to the world as well. By the way,” he adds, “it is doomed to fail miserably.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell