According to British Prime Minister David Cameron’s speech in Ankara this week, Gaza is a prison camp and Israel is the jailer. Barry Rubin assesses what Cameron has wrought in “In speech to Turkey, PM David Cameron goes full idiot.” I’m not sure how far Cameron had to go to get there, but Rubin makes a persuasive case that he has arrived. At full idiocy, that is.
Rubin reflects: “It crossed my mind that the speech was written by the Foreign Office for the express purpose of making Cameron look foolish, but then I realized that he and his top advisors probably have no idea why it was such a disaster.” Rubin deems the speech “a fitting symbol for the entire contemporary Western diplomatic approach to the Middle East, and much more to the world as well. By the way,” he adds, “it is doomed to fail miserably.”
Most Read on Power Line
- Should We Feel Sorry for Obama?
- The Democrats Try To Shut Their Opponents Up (Cont.)
- Pro bono law morphs into left-wing lawfare
- Breaking: Obamacare Takes Torpedo Below the Water Line
- The Nutroots Are Worried, And We Have the Answer
- What's next after Obamacare's defeat in Halbig v. Burwell? [updated]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell