Shirley Sherrod claims that she “definitely” will sue Andrew Breitbart for posting the famous video clip of her addressing an NAACP group on his Big Government site. “He had to know that he was targeting me,” she says.
It isn’t clear what Ms. Sherrod intends to sue Breitbart for; some variety of defamation, presumably. It seems inconceivable that she could survive summary judgment under the actual malice standard that would apply. Offhand, I would think that she would be better served to sue Tom Vilsack.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Insane Left Hits Rock Bottom
- At the White House with Trump
- Judge blocks Trump's order on sanctuary cities
- Times Editorial Board Accuses Justice Gorsuch of Murder [with comment by Paul]
- 75 year-old vet acquitted of placing American flag at VA facility
- Former Official: Obama Administration Misled on Climate Change
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell