Shirley Sherrod claims that she “definitely” will sue Andrew Breitbart for posting the famous video clip of her addressing an NAACP group on his Big Government site. “He had to know that he was targeting me,” she says.
It isn’t clear what Ms. Sherrod intends to sue Breitbart for; some variety of defamation, presumably. It seems inconceivable that she could survive summary judgment under the actual malice standard that would apply. Offhand, I would think that she would be better served to sue Tom Vilsack.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell