The federal government’s position in the Arizona case is, I think, outrageous. The Obama administration has decided to abdicate its most basic constitutional responsibility by failing to enforce the nation’s immigration laws, and now it demands that the states do nothing to protect themselves against the invasion of illegals that federal nonfeasance inevitably encourages. This attack on the most fundamental police powers of the states is, to my knowledge, unprecedented. Michael Ramirez sums up the untenable position in which the Obama administration seeks to put state and local law enforcement. Click to enlarge:
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell