The federal government’s position in the Arizona case is, I think, outrageous. The Obama administration has decided to abdicate its most basic constitutional responsibility by failing to enforce the nation’s immigration laws, and now it demands that the states do nothing to protect themselves against the invasion of illegals that federal nonfeasance inevitably encourages. This attack on the most fundamental police powers of the states is, to my knowledge, unprecedented. Michael Ramirez sums up the untenable position in which the Obama administration seeks to put state and local law enforcement. Click to enlarge:
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell