Rep. Maxine Waters could follow Charley Rangel into the congresional dock. Waters has been under investigation for a possible conflict of interest involving a bank that was seeking federal aid. Her husband owned stock in the bank and had served on its board. We noted the situation here.
Now comes word that ethics allegations may be lodged against Waters next week. That would set the stage, barring a plea bargain, for a trial this fall. Like Rangel, Waters is not expected to be very receptive to a deal. Sometimes, the bigger they think they are, the harder they fall.
The Rangel and Waters scandals are not at the top of the list of things congressional Democrats worry about as they struggle to retain control of the House. But the scandals do represent an additional reason to believe that the Dems are fighting an uphill battle.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Princeton Students Fight Back
- Five Shot at Black Lives Matter Protest In Minneapolis [Updated]
- Washington Post's Fact Checker Doesn't Read the Washington Post [Updated][Updated Again]
- When the Press Attacks Donald Trump, the Truth Is Optional [Updated]
- White Supremacy, Or Self-Defense?
- Ted Cruz surges in Iowa
The Power Line Show
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell