On our radio show yesterday, Brian Ward and I interviewed Jon Lauck about his new book, Prairie Republic, a history of the founding of his state and mine, South Dakota.
It’s an excellent book and it was a fun interview. Jon is a senior adviser to Senator John Thune, as well as a historian and a lawyer, and at the end of the interview we also touched on Senator Thune’s current activities.
You can go here to listen to or download the interview. Or you can click the play button below to listen to it.
At 4:00 this afternoon, Jon will be at the Magers & Quinn book store on Hennepin Avenue in Uptown Minneapolis, reading from Prairie Republic and signing copies of the book. If you are in the Twin Cities area, it will be a good opportunity to meet Jon and pick up the book.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell