Bruce Springsteen has a song about cable television in which he laments that there are “57 channels and nothin’ on.” The name of the song, logically enough, is “57 Channels (And Nothin’ On).” I thought of Springsteen’s song in connection with incumbent Colorado Democratic Senator Michael Bennet’s admission that trillions of dollars of federal debt has been incurred through spending since he was appointed to the Senate in January 2009, but “we have nothing to show for it.” At Battle ’10, Michael Sandoval has a terrific round-up on Bennet’s admission under the heading “Bennet bombshell: Trillions in debt, ‘nothing to show for it.’”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Koch to Democratic Senators: Get Lost!
- The Climate Beclowning Continues
- Did the Obama Administration Lie to the Federal Court About Implementation of Executive Amnesty?
- 13 questions for Hillary Clinton [Plus one more]
- Someone misled us on AQ's demise
- Will Obama's deal with Iran bind our next president?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell