The BusinessWeek profile of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie supplies the political context of the several videos we have posted in our “What price Christie?” series.
Will Governor Christie prevail in the Battle of New Jersey? He himself leaves it an open question, as he did in his interview with Paul Gigot earlier this summer. The BusinessWeek profile broadly outlines the challenges involved in Christie’s struggle to reduce New Jersey’s budget to realistic proportions. It is a struggle that foreshadows the reckoning we have in store with the federal budget.
UPDATE: Christie has fired New Jersey Education Commissioner Bret Schundler over the issue we covered here yesterday. It appears that Christie had been misled by Schundler.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell