The BusinessWeek profile of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie supplies the political context of the several videos we have posted in our “What price Christie?” series.
Will Governor Christie prevail in the Battle of New Jersey? He himself leaves it an open question, as he did in his interview with Paul Gigot earlier this summer. The BusinessWeek profile broadly outlines the challenges involved in Christie’s struggle to reduce New Jersey’s budget to realistic proportions. It is a struggle that foreshadows the reckoning we have in store with the federal budget.
UPDATE: Christie has fired New Jersey Education Commissioner Bret Schundler over the issue we covered here yesterday. It appears that Christie had been misled by Schundler.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Train to Amsterdam: What Really Happened [With More Updates]
- Marines Foil Apparent Terrorist Attack On French Train [With More Updates]
- Thoughts from the ammo line
- Inspector Clouseau was unavailable (4)
- Clinton server contained "Born classified" information
- The Week in Pictures: Evergreen Edition
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell