The BusinessWeek profile of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie supplies the political context of the several videos we have posted in our “What price Christie?” series.
Will Governor Christie prevail in the Battle of New Jersey? He himself leaves it an open question, as he did in his interview with Paul Gigot earlier this summer. The BusinessWeek profile broadly outlines the challenges involved in Christie’s struggle to reduce New Jersey’s budget to realistic proportions. It is a struggle that foreshadows the reckoning we have in store with the federal budget.
UPDATE: Christie has fired New Jersey Education Commissioner Bret Schundler over the issue we covered here yesterday. It appears that Christie had been misled by Schundler.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell