National Review Online reports on its interview with Joe Miller, the Republican nominee for the Senate in Alaska. Among other things, Miller said he is keeping his beard.
Miller’s comment reminded me of a story about former New Jersey Senator Jon Corzine. Supposedly, when the wealthy Corzine began contemplating a self-funded run, he asked a veteran Democratic insider how much it would cost him to win the seat. The insider set the price at “$45 million if you get rid of the beard.” Corzine then asked, “what if I keep the beard?” “$50 million” was the answer.
Corzine kept the beard and won the seat. Running in Alaska in this year’s environment, it’s unlikely that Miller will have to pay any price for keeping his beard.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell