Mike Castle issued a statement tonight to the effect that he will not mount a write-in Senate campaign in opposition to Christine O’Donnell, who beat him in the Republican primary. That distinguishes him from Lisa Murkowski in the “sore loser” category.
We don’t know, of course, what Castle’s motives were. Some poll data suggest that his write-in candidacy would hurt the Democrat, Chris Coons, more than O’Donnell. It remains to be seen whether Castle will get behind his party’s nominee. For now, at least, we applaud his decision to abide by the results of the Republican primary.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell