In one of the year’s most closely watched congressional races, Republican Dan Benishek and Democrat Gary McDowell are batting to succeed Bart Stupak as the representative of Michigan’s First District. We wrote about that race here.
It may be a close contest. A poll released by the McDowell campaign a week or so ago had Benishek leading McDowell 41-38, which is within the margin of error.
Third party candidate Glenn Wilson, a conservative, was preferred by 12 percent of respondents. Since third party candidates often fade on election day, Benishek may be a better position than the poll suggests.
McDowell may also suffer by virtue of having endorsed the idea that medical care for seniors nearing the end of life is a resource that needs to be rationed. McDowell seemed to agree with an audience member who referred to this bit of left-liberal dogma as an “inconvenient truth.” Let’s hope that it proves inconvenient for Gary McDowell.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Cultural Differences, Assimilation and Immigration Policy
- Holder DOJ expert witness: blacks are dumber and less civic-minded than whites
- The Blame America First Liberals Are Back
- Fusion at Last? Not So Fast
- The Democrats Go Back to Their Racist Roots [Updated]
- Deperate Dems "not ready to accept defeat"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell