David Zucker — he of “Airplane,” “Naked Gun,” “Naked Gun 2.5,” “Scary Movie 3,” “Scary Movie 4,” and “An American Carol” — immortalizes what might be the only memorable statement Barbara Boxer ever made.
Zucker unfurls a few good lines of his own: “Hasn’t Senator Boxer worked hard enough? Maybe it’s time to give her a rest…We’ve called her ‘Senator’ for nearly 20 years. It’s time to call her ma’am again.”
Speaking in his own name and noting that Boxer has yet to apologize for her boorish behavior with General Walsh, Zucker offers the video up as penance for his past support of Boxer: “Let this video be my apology. Every time I see the public record listing my campaign contribution to Boxer — I wince. I mean, we all have things we’ve done in the past that we’re embarrassed about, but I’d rather have my being restricted to 100 yards away from elementary schools be public knowledge than that $5,000 Boxer campaign contribution.”
And Sean Bielat puts a few of Barney Frank’s most memorable statements to their highest and best use.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- There's something about Hillary's health
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- What the NFL Can Teach Washington About Social Policy
- The Economy in Pictures
- Glenn Kessler illustrates why moderators shouldn't "fact check"
- The National Anthem: a tale of two football teams
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell