Having George Will undertake an assessment of Florida Eighth Congressional District Rep. Alan Grayson is a little bit like having Samuel Johnson review Soame Jenyns. In both cases, something in the subject under consideration ignites the writer, and the mismatch of intellect between the writer and the man under consideration results in demolition.
In Johnson’s case, it was Jenyns’s complacency over the problem of human suffering. In Will’s case, it is Grayson’s character as revealed in his crudeness and dishonesty. Will adjudges Grayson, not unreasonably, as “America’s worst politician,” although he has a lot of competition for the title and there is plenty of room for argument.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell