Having George Will undertake an assessment of Florida Eighth Congressional District Rep. Alan Grayson is a little bit like having Samuel Johnson review Soame Jenyns. In both cases, something in the subject under consideration ignites the writer, and the mismatch of intellect between the writer and the man under consideration results in demolition.
In Johnson’s case, it was Jenyns’s complacency over the problem of human suffering. In Will’s case, it is Grayson’s character as revealed in his crudeness and dishonesty. Will adjudges Grayson, not unreasonably, as “America’s worst politician,” although he has a lot of competition for the title and there is plenty of room for argument.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Clinton security detail also considered Hillary a nasty woman
- What's Up With the Polls?
- Democrat Agrees to Spanish-Language Debate, Drops Out When He Realizes Opponent Speaks Spanish
- Not rigged, thrown: Bill Campenni comments
- The Week in Pictures: Rigged! Edition
- Clinton Foundation employed senior Muslim Brotherhood official
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell