Sorting through the early results, I get the sense that the battle for the House is going about as advertised. The Republicans seem likely to enjoy a huge victory, though perhaps not the 70 seat pick-up I was beginning to consider realistic.
The Senate may be a minor disappointment. West Virginia is lost (as I expected) and the Dem is ahead in Pennsylvania (54-46 with 43 percent of the vote in) and Illinois (53-42 with 38 percent in), though in these states it’s all about where the early count is coming from. Who knows what will happen in the West?
BY THE WAY: Maybe it’s wrong to plug our advertisers, but I’m finding the Townhall election tracker quite user friendly — more so than the others I’ve checked out tonight.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell