Republican challenger Randy Altschuler appeared to have suffered a heartbreaking loss to incumbent Democratic incumbent Tim Bishop in New York’s First Congressional District on Tuesday night by a margin of 3,400 votes. After a recanvass of voting machines that was completed today, however, Altschuler took the lead by 392 votes over Bishop. A similar scenario has taken place in the Twenty-Fifth Congressional District, where Republican challenger Ann Marie Buerkle is now leading incumbent Democratic Dan Maffei by 659 votes. We’ll be updating this story as we can, but don’t take your eye off New York yet.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell