The American Legion’s Burn Pit blog has much more on the NEH-funded conference on the Pacific War at the East-West Center of University of Hawaii. The post is by the Legion’s Mark Seavey; please check it out.
I don’t think we’ve heard the last of this matter.
CORRECTION: Although I understand that the East-West Center was originally operated by the University of Hawaii under an agreement with the State Department, it is apparently an independent institution that receives substantial funding from the United States government. See the East-West Center Web site here for more information.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- The Week in Pictures: Quel Horreur! Edition
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell