In an email message, Josh Block writes that “one of the most interesting overall themes” in the stolen cables obtained by Wikileaks “is the restraint seen to typify the Israelis on Iran, in contrast to the typical Brzezinski, Scowcroft, Walt/Mearsheimer, Glenn Greenwald-Neo-prog, netroots claims Israel is trying to prod us to fight and bomb Iran for them.” Josh writes that “in the end, one of the most obvious takeaways from these Wikileaks [documents] is devastating to the whole Left/Realist narrative about Israeli manipulation. The Israelis come off as cool customers, while the Arabs are totally freaking out and literally demanding the US bomb [Iran].”
Josh cites the summary of the Israel-related cables at Israelly Cool. Omri Ceren’s summary at Mere Rhetoric is also must reading.
Most Read on Power Line
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Today's IRS Documents: What Do They Show?
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- The War On Standards Comes to College Debate [with comment by Paul]
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- At Dartmouth, Phil Hanlon wants no enemies to the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell