In an email message, Josh Block writes that “one of the most interesting overall themes” in the stolen cables obtained by Wikileaks “is the restraint seen to typify the Israelis on Iran, in contrast to the typical Brzezinski, Scowcroft, Walt/Mearsheimer, Glenn Greenwald-Neo-prog, netroots claims Israel is trying to prod us to fight and bomb Iran for them.” Josh writes that “in the end, one of the most obvious takeaways from these Wikileaks [documents] is devastating to the whole Left/Realist narrative about Israeli manipulation. The Israelis come off as cool customers, while the Arabs are totally freaking out and literally demanding the US bomb [Iran].”
Josh cites the summary of the Israel-related cables at Israelly Cool. Omri Ceren’s summary at Mere Rhetoric is also must reading.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell