Charles Krauthammer argues that, as a result of passage of the tax deal, the New START treaty, and DADT repeal, the battles of the next Congress begin on a “level playing field.”
This is true, I think, in the Senate, where there are only 47 Republicans, several of whom Obama has gained momentum in dealing with. But it isn’t true in the House, where liberal legislation will be dead on arrival next year.
Overall, then, I think it’s inaccurate to say that the playing field in Congress will be level. However, with Obama in the White House, the Washington playing field as a whole will be approximately level.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
2016 Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Under investigation [With Comment By John]
- The Week in Pictures: Narrative Riot Edition
- How's the Coverup Going, Hillary?
- Meet the black Charlotte police officer who shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Mark Cuban and Gennifer Flowers to Square Off at Monday's Debate? [with comment by Paul]
- Scandal management with the FBI
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell