This morning RealClearPolitics serves up Frank Rich’s Sunday New York Times column “Who killed the Disneyland dream?” RCP pairs Rich’s column with Byron York’s Washington Examiner column “Frank Rich rewrites history.” York contrasts Rich’s current column praising the Disneyland dream of the 1950′s with Rich’s 1995 column portraying the 1950′s as a “phony nirvana,” if not a nightmare decade.
The contrast between Frank Rich then and now suggests why Rich can’t be taken seriously. The funny thing about these two columns, however, is that both of them miss the mark. Even when Rich contradicts himself he doesn’t get it right either time. That’s a tough trick to pull off.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Is the Washington Press Corps Covering Up Another Obama Administration Fiasco? [Updated]
- What Difference, At This Point, Does It Make?
- When You've Lost the New York Times. . .
- Who's a Chickenshit?
- More on the Obama Administration Scandal That the Washington Press Corps Tried to Bury
- Who's a Chickenshit? Part Two
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell