Rick and Patty Parker of Boston needed a little daily help with their severely disabled son. Fortunately, their pediatrician knew precisely where to turn for help. He sent Mrs. Parker in the direction of Elizabeth Paquette, the nurse at Malden Catholic High School: “Paquette said she’d take care of it. The boys at Malden Catholic are taught to embrace service: She’d find plenty of students to help.”
Boston Globe columnist Yvonne Abraham tells the story of Malden Catholic High School scholarship student Rudy Favard and the Parker family in “A simple act elevates all.” I found the story (with a great photo) a couple of days ago via New York Times sports reporter Pete Thamel and Weekly Standard senior writer Stephen Hayes on Twitter, and haven’t gotten it out of my head since.
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell