If you go to the web site of the Republicans on the House Rules Committee, you can see the text of the “rules package” for the 112th Congress, as well as the text of the legislation the House will take up during the weeks of January 3 and January 10. The first measure to be adopted by the Republican House will reduce the chamber’s own budget. The next is a measure “To repeal the job-killing health care law and health care-related provisions in the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010″–in other words, Obamacare. Let’s hope the Rules Committee keeps up this practice for the duration of the Congressional session, and beyond.
Most Read on Power Line
- Standoff at Bundy Ranch Ends, With Photo of the Year So Far
- Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy
- Lilly Ledbetter and the lie that will not die
- The Hillary-Boeing-Russia triangle
- Is Scott Walker on his way to 2016 front-runner status?
- Balancing Act: The Democrats' Ideology Versus Reality
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell