Jimmy Page is the former Led Zepellin guitarist (Robert Plant was the Led Zep vocalist) — and he didn’t say much during his visit to Cuba — so we can only say “shut up and sing” metaphorically. In any event, Humberto Fontova says all that needs to be said far more eloquently in his Big Peace post “Whole Lotta Stupidity: Jimmy Page visits Cuba, honors Che Guevara.”
Fontova quotes a story from “Castro’s captive (literally!) media” reporting that Page’s visit “included tours of historic sites, and purchases of souvenirs such as the famous photograph of Che Guevara.” Fontova concludes on this discordant note: “Today the world’s largest image of Jimmy Page’s souvenir icon adorns Cuba’s headquarters for Cuba’s KGB-trained secret police, a gang of Communist sadists who jailed and tortured at a rate higher than Stalin’s own KGB and GRU–and many of their victims were guilty of nothing worse than listening to music by Jimmy Page.”
Jay Nordlinger, call your office.
Most Read on Power Line
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- The Week in Pictures: Crimea River Edition
- Exclusive to Power Line: Koch Industries Responds to New York Times Smears
- Latest News on the Climate Change Collapse
- Rand Paul: Did an Old Prejudice Rear Its Head In His CPAC Speech?
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell